Job Description: Special Projects Pre Construction Manager
Location: Horndean head office with travel to clients and sites as necessary
Special Projects have an exciting opportunity for a Pre Construction Manager to join their team working with end-user clients and Regional Main Contractors as a Principal Sub-contractor delivering high-quality projects with values typically between £500k and £5m. Predominantly Glazing and Cladding works.
• Support the delivery of the business vision, goals and strategy.
• To lead the preconstruction function in securing high quality sales to meet the business aspirations and budget.
• Lead a business development approach to engage with all key clients and influencers to develop a robust pipeline of work opportunities.
• Maintain consistently high standards of bid delivery across the team.
• Represent the preconstruction function at all management meetings.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the business development approach and coordinate the activity of all team members. Build on our network of client and consultant contacts, maintaining regular contact to track new opportunities.
• Develop relationships including Client, PM, PQS, sub-contractors, consultant & Main Contractor(s) both before and during the bid period so that we understand the project and the client’s key drivers and position our bid/offer to compliment these requirements.
• Work with the operations manager and estimating team to develop and implement the win strategy for each tender to differentiate the bid and maximise the likelihood of success.
• Formulate tender submission documents and presentation material (Mid-bid, post tender, etc.) to provide an attractive, cohesive and tailored response.
• Organise, attend and chair appropriate internal/external meetings and events. Internally, present the project requirements and win strategy at the required reviews and tender settlement meetings.
• Design – When required identify requirements, liaise with the design team, sub-contractors and engineers at both tender and through project delivery.
• Estimating –Produce estimates and bid submissions for special projects, as well as working with the wider estimating team to ensure a competitive and accurate prime cost is achieved. Review and agree the plan for presentation and agreement of proposed tender letter, qualifications, tender analysis and other deliverables.
• Principal Contracting – Ensure that tender submissions are tailored to the individual clients’ requirements, with all appropriate supporting documentation.
• Commercial – Liaise with the commercial department to review and comment upon the proposed Terms and Conditions, warranties, etc. and implement a strategy for presentation and agreement with the client.
• Marketing – Work with marketing to enhance Special Projects profile through targeted marketing and social media activity, focusing on Principal Contracting capability.
• General – Manage the preparation of Tender Handover documentation and lead the internal presentation of the accepted tender to the team. Continue to liaise with the project delivery and client team as required to ensure a smooth transition into contract and subsequent construction.
At least 8 Years’ experience at a senior level in building services estimating or contracting. A good track record in developing relationships and repeat business.
Experience across various disciplines (Estimating/Commercial/operations) and/or previous experience working as a main contractor.
Qualified to HND level in Building Services or equivalent experience
Strong leadership skills and a team player
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Planning and organisation proficient in Estimation; Word; Excel; powerpoint, bluebeam
Projects are varied, ranging from complex glass change, leak investigation, facade refurbishments, full facade replacements, wide knowledge of building envelopes so being a problem solver is key.